☀️ June 22 Morning Summary | Policy
Hanoi, (VNA) – The following is a list of news summaries selected last night by the Vietnam News Agency.
-President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and a delegation of National Assembly deputies in Ho Chi Minh City met with local voters on June 21 to brief them on the recent third session of the 15th legislature.
The President said HCM City should adopt innovative policies, especially those focusing on scholars and scholars, and solutions to manage limitations in drug bidding and supply, and drug shortages. and medical equipment. Read the full story
– Vietnam always attaches importance to promoting its traditional friendship and cooperation with Mozambique and regards the country as a key partner in Africa, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh said in meeting with President of the Mozambican Assembly Esperanca Laurinda Francisco Nhiuane Bias in Hanoi on June 21. .
He underlined the positive development of bilateral relations in recent years, particularly in the areas of political diplomacy, telecommunications, agriculture, trade and education. Read the full story
– Welcoming on the same day the President of the Assembly of Mozambique, Vo Van Thuong, member of the Politburo and permanent member of the Secretariat of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV), affirmed that there is still a large margin of cooperation between Vietnam and Mozambique.
Vietnam is ready to connect Mozambique with Southeast Asian countries, as well as ASEAN and Asia-Pacific regions, the Party official stressed. Read the full story
– During a meeting with representatives of the Vietnamese community in Hanoi on June 21, the visiting speaker of the Mozambican Assembly promised that Mozambique would serve as a gateway for Vietnamese companies to enter the member countries of the Southern African Development Community (SADC).
She called on Vietnamese companies to invest in tourism, mining, energy and agriculture in which Mozambique has potential, noting that to support investors, the African nation has created a portal providing information to private companies. and public. Read the full story
-The 16th National Press Awards 2021 were presented at a ceremony in Hanoi on June 21, Vietnam’s Revolutionary Press Day.
In his address at the ceremony, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh highlighted the growth of the Vietnamese revolutionary press over the past 97 years, contributing greatly to the struggle for national independence and the cause of construction and national defence. Read the full story
-The World Bank (WB), an important development partner of Vietnam, has pledged to support Vietnam in the implementation of the recently unveiled Mekong Delta Regional Master Plan.
Carolyn Turk, Country Director of the World Bank in Vietnam, made the statement during a conference to announce the opening of the Mekong Delta regional master plan and investment promotion for the period 2021-30 on June 21 in Cantho city. Read the full story
– A Vietnamese delegation, led by Ambassador Vu Ho, Acting Head of SOM ASEAN Vietnam, joined other senior regional officials at the recent 37th ASEAN-Japan Forum.
Speaking at the June 20 event held via video conference, Ho affirmed that economic, trade and investment cooperation has always been a key pillar of the ASEAN-Japan partnership, and stressed the need to accelerate a process overall recovery and sustainable growth in the current difficult situation. the context. Read the full story
-Vietnamese garment and textile exports are likely to face a host of market and supply chain challenges in the second half of this year despite positive results in the first half, a seminar in Ho Chi Minh City said on Monday. 21st of June.
The Sustainable Cotton Sourcing Seminar was jointly organized by the Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS) and Cotton USA.
Vu Duc Giang, chairman of VITAS, said apparel and textile exports in the first six months were estimated at $22 billion, up 23 percent year-on-year. Read the full story
– Binh Duong smart city in the southern province of the same name was named to the Top 7 Smart Communities 2022 in the world at a ceremony on June 21.
The Intelligent Community Forum (ICF) and Binh Duong Province jointly hosted the conference and announcement of the Top 7 Smart Communities of 2022: After the Pandemic: How Digital Innovation Drives Growth in Our Communities. Read full article/.