☀️ Morning Summary July 19 | Policy
– Vietnam always cherishes and gives top priority to its special relationship with Laos, Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong told the permanent member of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party Secretariat and Vice President Bounthong Chitmany in Hanoi on July 18.
Bounthong Chitmany is in Vietnam on an official visit to attend the celebration of the 60th anniversary of Vietnam-Laos diplomatic relations and the 45th anniversary of the signing of the Vietnam-Laos Friendship and Cooperation Treaty. Read the full story
— PM Pham Minh Chinh suggested that Vietnam and Laos coordinate more to seek solutions to put economic cooperation on par with their special political ties, while receiving Lao Vice President Bounthong Chitmany in Hanoi on May 18 July.
To deepen and advance cooperation, the two countries should maintain delegation exchanges at all levels and effectively implement the agreement reached at the 44th meeting of the Vietnam-Laos Intergovernmental Committee, he said. Read the full story
— Politburo member Truong Thi Mai, secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) Central Committee and head of its organizing committee, spoke online with Politburo member Chen Xi, Party Central Committee member Chinese Communist (CCP) secretariat, and head of its organization department, and rector of the CPC Central Party School. Read the full story
– The Vietnamese and Lao armies will always stand side by side to overcome challenges and firmly protect revolutionary achievements, Vietnamese Deputy Minister of National Defense Lt. Gen. Hoang Xuan Chien said on July 18.
During a meeting in Vientiane with the Lao Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister, General Chansamone Chanyalath, Chien informed his host of the Vietnamese Ministry of Defense’s plan to organize activities within the framework of the year Vietnam-Laos and Laos-Vietnam Solidarity and Friendship 2022, mainly focusing on high-ranking delegation exchange, training, exercises, border exchange and exhibitions. Read the full story
– A ceremony was held in Vientiane, the capital of Laos, on July 18 to mark the 60th anniversary of Vietnam-Laos diplomatic relations and 45 years since the signing of the Vietnam-Laos Friendship and Cooperation Treaty.
Party General Secretary and State President of Laos Thongloun Sisoulith, Prime Minister Phankham Viphavanh and Speaker of the National Assembly Xaysomphone Phomvihane attended the event.Read full article
– More than 150 Indian companies operating in different fields in India participated in a trade promotion program organized by the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade in New Delhi on July 18.
The program aims to create an opportunity for Vietnamese and Indian companies to meet and cooperate in areas such as food processing, consumer goods, cosmetics, handicrafts, home furnishings and agricultural products. Read the full story
– Outstanding agricultural loans reached nearly VND 2.8 quadrillion (USD 119.44 billion), accounting for about 25 percent of total outstanding loans, Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) said ) Nguyen Thi Hong in a written reply to a member of the National Assembly. of Dak Lak concerning preferential credit for agriculture and rural development.
There were more than 14.3 million agriculture borrowers nationwide, Hong said, adding that credit growth in agriculture has been above average. Read the full story
– The four members of the Vietnamese team who participated in the International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) 2022 won gold medals, the Ministry of Education and Training announced on July 18.
The winners are Nguyen Viet Phong, a 12th grade student from Le Hong Phong High School for the Gifted in Ho Chi Minh City; Tran Duc Minh, a senior student at Bien Hoa High School for the Gifted in Ha Nam Province; Phan Xuan Hanh, a senior student of Ha Tinh High School for the Gifted in the province of the same name; and Pham Nguyen Minh Tuan, an 11th-grade student at the High School for Gifted Natural Scientists at Vietnam National University’s University of Natural Sciences in Hanoi. Read the full story
– The sixth Hanoi International Film Festival will take place in the capital from Nov. 8 to 12, according to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
Held for the first time in 2010, the festival aims to honor outstanding films of great artistic value and encourage new talents in Vietnamese cinema. It also provides a platform for Vietnamese and foreign film artists to share their professional expertise./. Read the full story