☀️ September 20 Morning Summary | Policy
Hanoi (VNA) – The following is a list of news digests selected last night by the Vietnamese News Agency.
– On September 19, President Nguyen Xuan Phuc hosted separate receptions in Hanoi for the Ambassadors of the Netherlands, Hungary, Australia and Luxembourg as they came to present their credentials.
Receiving Dutch Ambassador Kees Van Baar, President Phuc thanked the Netherlands for providing Vietnam with 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Read the full story
– Premier Pham Minh Chinh and Chinese Premier Li Keqiang expressed their joy at the developing ties between the two sides and the countries during their phone talks on Sept. 19.
The two sides pledged to materialize the important common understandings emerging from recent talks between Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong and Chinese Party General Secretary and President Xi Jinping, with a view to bringing Vietnam-China relations into a new period of development with greater political confidence and more effective and practical cooperation. . Read the full story
– Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh chaired a teleconference with heads of Vietnamese overseas representative agencies on September 19 to discuss promoting economic diplomacy for national development.
The teleconference, the first of its kind, was linked to cities and provinces across the country, as well as 94 Vietnamese embassies and representative agencies abroad. A month ago, the prime minister also chaired a similar event with representatives from Vietnam’s overseas trade offices. Read the full story
– Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son, on behalf of the Vietnamese President, paid tribute to Queen Elizabeth II during her state funeral held at Westminster Abbey in London on September 19.
He expressed his deepest condolences to the UK for the Queen’s passing by writing in the condolence book on behalf of President Nguyen Xuan Phuc. Vietnam always appreciates the Queen’s strong support and contributions to strengthening Vietnam-UK strategic partnership, Son wrote.Read Full Article
– Amid global concerns over inflation and rising interest rates, Vietnam has emerged as a rare economic bright spot, enjoying healthy GDP growth and a range of opportunities, according to a published article by the Thailand-based Bangkok Post on September 19.
Vietnam, an emerging market with one of the highest growth rates in the world, has attracted significant investment from abroad, according to the article, titled “Rising above the rest”. Read the full story
– Representatives of the administration of the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais invited Vietnamese companies to participate in the International Coffee Week from November 16 to 18 and the exhibition on security and defense planned for November in the city from Belo Horizonte.
They offered the invitation during a working session with Vietnamese Ambassador to Brazil Pham Thi Kim Hoa, who paid a working visit to the state from September 11 to 15. Read the full story
– Myanmar Airways International (MAI) began operating the first flight from Yangon, Myanmar to Hanoi-based Noi Bai International Airport on September 19.
As a result, the Burmese airline will operate two return flights on Mondays and Fridays with a flight time of two hours./. Read the full story